|Company||Falco Sales & Distribution|
|Reports to||Group IT & IS Manager|
The IT Manager will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. The IT Manager will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Run regular checks on network and data security.
- Preserve assets, information security, and control structures.
- Monitor daily operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Information systems must be evaluated, analyzed, and enhanced to ensure proper operation.
- Generate performance reports for operating systems.
- Ensure that all IT activities are carried out in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Identify technological hazards to create a network disaster recovery strategy and backup methods.
- Remain up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
- Maintain a database inventory for all equipment.
- Maintain a variety of license types.
- Oversee and support the CCTV system.
- Select and purchase new or replacement hardware and software.
- Assist in the planning of the IT budget in coordination with the Group IT & IS Manager.
- Ensure security by implementing access controls, backups, and firewalls.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support initiatives by ensuring that all issues with desktop programs, workstations, and related equipment are fixed quickly and with the fewest possible interruptions.
- Assist with vendor evaluations, recommendations, and negotiations for hardware, firewall, telecom, and software.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience.
- Data base administration experience is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Management and leadership skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.