Trade Marketing Manager - FALCO
|Company||Falco Sales & Distribution|
|Reports to||General Manager|
Functional expert of understanding what drives the wholesaler, retailer or distributor & growing demand within these critical sectors. Fundamental to in-market success as the brands need to be marketed to the retailer by trade channels as well as by consumer and shopper launches and loyalty programs that increase success rate and brand perception. Given that over 70% of actual purchase decisions occur at the point-of-purchase, the importance of merchandising and shopper promotions continues to grow.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the trade marketing plan in line with sales and marketing objectives and manage the trade marketing budget.
- Improve brand presence and campaign execution across trade channels through excellence planning, execution and tracking in alignment with the annual marketing priorities
- Align with the work and focus of Category Management. This is more concentrated on making it happen successfully with each specific retailer and executing it with excellence at the store level. It needs both the specific retailer and the shopper based on a pre-defined consumer profile to win.
- Responsible for key elements of the marketing mix, such as setting the specific planogram, in-store displays, price announcements, point of purchase materials.
- Plan, program, and carry out any programs aimed at increasing trade presence and sales.
- Key partnerships with CM & BM, close relationships with retail partners.
- Ensure Trade marketing platform, calendar, forecast, budgets & successful implementation to drive consumption within the retailer (channel).
- Push programs include successful merchandising campaigns, display programs, and trade promotions.
- Alignment and close partnership with distributors and CM regarding in-field initiatives and programs.
- Monitoring and tracking of all key programs, forecasts, and budgets.
- Lead activation programs with partners to improve brand visibility.
- Regular visits to points of sale to ensure that the brand is visible and that guidelines are followed.
- Manage the post-promotion analysis process to review trade promotions and make recommendations for improving the ROI and effectiveness of future promotions.
- Understand market trends and make category recommendations.
- Work closely with the national accounts team to report and measure monthly or quarterly KPI goals for customer chains.
- Determine the number of POSM required for each activity and ensure that they are fully utilized.
- Recommend innovative solutions that would enable the brands to maintain their TOM and the element of surprise among the consumers'/shoppers'
- Coordination and close collaboration with Brand Managers are required to translate ATL strategy into a BTL solution.
- Execute a comprehensive review of all trade marketing activation programs to evaluate ROI and develop new ways to optimize programs for future execution.
- Analyze Nielsen/trade research data and recommend a channel strategy to cater to different categories in each market within the territories.
- Define, build and implement channel strategy, plans and programs together with the marketing and sales team based on customer, consumer, shopper, and category understanding.
- Recommend RTM along with the CM for each market by category.
- Implementation and execution of the approved budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably an MNC or large regional company in FMCG
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of the trade channels and consumer industry
- Experience analyzing large amounts of data and trends
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Good team player, able to work with colleagues at all levels to achieve business objectives
- Possess business acumen embraced with excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills, partnered with positive attitude and high learning agility, and can take on new challenges/responsibilities
- Self-motivated, proactive and results oriented
- Strong people-management skills.
- Good understanding of regional market & consumer/shopper behavior
Office and off-site work environment